Visitor and Parking Information Center Achieves LEED® Silver Certification
Utilities & Energy Services is proud to announce that, on July 23h 2015, the Visitor and Parking Information Center (LEED – UCF Visitor Services) achieved LEED® Silver certification under the LEED-NC 2.2 rating system, established by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), and verified by the Green Building Certification Institute (GBCI).
The one story 2,260 sf building will provide a center for employees to answer the public’s questions about their on-campus visit, as well as provide parking information.
This new housing information center takes advantage of many energy reduction and sustainability features to show-case the university’s commitment to its Climate Action Plan, including, but not limited to:
- Reduced potable water use by 34%.
- Landscaping and irrigation systems have been designed to reduce potable water consumption for irrigation by 100%.
- Achieved an energy cost savings of 22%.
- Purchased Green-e accredited Tradable Renewable Certificates (RECs) equal to 73.8% of the predicted annual electrical consumption over a two-year period.
- Diverted 88% of the on-site generated construction waste from landfill.
- 22% of the total building materials content, by value, has been manufactured using recycled materials.
- 16.19% of the total building materials value includes materials and products that have been manufactured and extracted within 500 miles of the project site.
- Used low-emitting materials – All adhesives, sealants, paints, coatings and flooring systems products are in compliance with emissions and content standards set by LEED.
- Lighting controls are provided for 100% of building occupants and 100% of shared multi-occupant spaces to enable adjustments that meet needs and preferences.
The University of Central Florida is committed to sustainable growth, and has mandated that design teams target at least LEED Silver Certification on all new construction projects, however, the university is continually striving to exceed that goal.
Visitor and Parking Information Center is the 16th UCF project certified under the USGBC LEED green building program.
For more information on LEED or USGBC more information, visit http://www.usgbc.org.
|UCF Visitor Services|
|LEED BD+C: New Construction (v2.2)|
|Certification awarded Jul 2015|
|Energy & atmosphere||5/17|
|Material & resources||5/13|
|Indoor environmental quality||7/15|